Running a brewery is no small job! Not only do you need to create delicious brews, but you need to attract plenty of customers to keep your business afloat. Now that spring has finally sprung, people are starting to come out to enjoy the beautiful weather. Events are simply one of the most powerful ways to build a brand in beer and can be more effective than any other marketing method. After attending a beer event, attendees are more likely to visit a brewery that participated in the event or buy their beer in the future.
Here are some great event ideas that may work for your brewery!
Beers and Blooms
Bring in customers by having them join a class to learn how to make their own planters from a local florist. Charge for the class and make sure you sell that beer! This is a great event to have around Mother’s Day or just a fun ladies day out!
Tap Room Art Show
Enlist local artists to come in and sell their artwork. Make it a family event and see if there are any local artists willing to do a class or two. Try to also get a face painter for the kids!
Family Fun Day
Rent an inflatable for kids to jump and/or have a family-friendly band come to have families dance! Maybe have an animal balloon maker or a magic show. Think to yourself: What would my family like?
Beer and Yoga
Forget goats and yoga…try BEER and yoga! Sell tickets for a 1 hour yoga session in your taproom or out in the parking lot and after have customers enjoy 1 beer as part of the package.
Who doesn’t love sitting outside on a nice night watching a movie with freshly popped popcorn and a cold beer? Rent a projector and screen, a heated tent, pop some fresh popcorn and keep selling that beer!
Why not try different theme nights each week during a slow month? An example of a theme night could be to honor those in the military, first responders, doctors & nurses, teachers, moms or dads etc. Promote these events with great food and drink specials and get a host that engages the crowd and makes the evening fun.
A few other things to consider:
- Are you slower during the week and want to push sales? Try having one of these events during the week!
- Think outside the box. Sometimes you need to try something completely new to gain new customers! Sometimes the completely crazy works!
- Check with other local businesses to see how they can help.
- If you are close to other breweries, check to see if they would be interested in doing a brewery crawl.
- During events, offer prizes like a gift card for a certain amount to be used against a bar tab, coupons for free tours and tastings, or even free products like a six-pack of your featured beer of the month.
Let us know if you have any questions!